Fayette County Fair Queen Contest - Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 7:30 PM
|Co-Chairperson:||Charlotte DeCarlo||P.O. Box 143, New Salem, PA 15468||724-245-2945|
|Co-Chairperson:||Linda Diamond||275 Jacobs Creek Rd, Smithfield, PA 15478||724-583-1000|
ENTRY DEADLINE: Monday, July 11, 2016
Rules and Regulations:
- Girls must be at least 16, but no older than 20 years of age as of June 1, 2016.
- Must be a U.S citizen and resident of Fayette County.
- Have her parents' or guardian's consent.
- Must be single, never married, have had no children and must not marry, nor get pregnant during her reign.
- Not be a former local Fair Queen winner or State Fair Queen contestant.
- Not hold any other State title for any other commodity, group, or pageant during her reign.
- Have her parent(s)' or guardian(s)' consent to enter the competition.
- Act in accordance with the PA Fair Queen “Behavior Policy”
- Meet all time commitments, Queen obligations and “Dress Code” as set forth by the PA Fair Queen Program
- Winner will receive a $500 scholarship and prizes.
Judging Will Be Based On:
- Written essay on "What My Fair Means to my Community" 300 words or less typed and double spaced. Judging criteria: content, grammar and spelling.
- Must present a 3 to 5 minute speech on "Why You Should Come to the Fayette County Fair.”
- Appearance - attire in gown
- Ability to communicate (speaking ability and knowledge of fairs)
Winner MUST participate in the State Fair Queen Contest at Hershey, PA, in January 2017. Winner at the State level will receive a scholarship and reign as Pennsylvania State Fair Queen for all of 2017.
If interested, contact the Chairpersons listed above or call the Fair Office at 724-628-3360.