2016 Fayette Idol - Application and Regulations
Have you ever watched American Idol and thought, “I can do that!” Ever thought you’re good enough for the “big times”?
Here is your chance to audition and become the next FAYETTE COUNTY FAIR IDOL!!
The Fayette County Fair Idol competition is a fun and motivational experience for today’s talented adults and teens. Many participants have never performed before a live audience. Live your dream! Show the community just how much there is to accomplish!
PRELIMINARY/AUDITIONS AND COMPETITION DATES: TEENS AND ADULTS
Competition will begin immediately following registration and sign in.
|July 27, 2016||Register by 5:30 p.m.||Fiddlers' Building|
SEMI FINAL COMPETITION:
|August 3, 2016||Sign in by 6:00 p.m.||Fiddlers' Building|
|August 6, 2016||Sign in by 4:30 p.m.||Fiddlers' Building|
Participants must be a Fayette County resident and at least 18 years of age by June 1, for the Adult competition and 13 years of age for the teen division.
For applications and rules, please call (724) 628-3360 or visit www.fayettefair.com.
Rules and Regulations
- Solo participants only.
- No substitutions or changes may be made within 24 hours of the competition.
- All attire and props shall be selected and provided by the contestant.
- No animals are permitted.
- A 3 1/2 –minute performance is limited will be strictly enforced. Timing begins with the first note or word. Auditions with be sung accapella.
- All performances must be in good taste. Lyrics or subject matter that deems inappropriate to a family-style audience will disqualify the entry (no refund will be given).
- All participants will perform one song in which they will be judged. Voice presentation must be a live performance by the artist.
- Instrumental or CD’s must be provided by entrants. (Cassette tapes are not acceptable).
- Contestants advancing to the semifinals and finals must provide their music on CD’s by July 27, 2016. Photos need be emailed to email@example.com before July 31, 2016. Failure to submit music by the deadline will disqualify entry. Music submission must be labeled with the contestant’s full name / address / phone number and the name of the selection performed.
- Contestants must be in stage attire. Dressing rooms will not be provided.
- Instructions will be given at the beginning of the competition; all performers must enter and exit as directed prior to the performance.
- Proof of age and residency will be required at preliminary audition.
- One audition per contestant per year.
- Each contestant must fill out a registration form. Photos and brief introductions of finalists will be included in the final show’s program.
- Teen’s 13 years old through 17 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Entry Fee and Deadline
- Entry fee is $15.00 per contestant. You can pay cash or make checks payable to the Fayette County Fair.
- Registration form and entry fee must be filled out and paid before or on July 27, 2016. No refunds.
- Pre-registration and walk-ins are welcome the night of the preliminary competition only.
- The Fayette County Fair reserves the right to divide or combine any auditions if necessary and to cancel any audition(s) with full refund of entry fee if requested by contestant.
- Judges will be local dignitaries, celebrities or professionals.
- Performance will be evaluated by the following categories: ability, appearance, stage presence, and overall assessment.
- Performance will be scored using a scale of 1 to 10 in each category, with 10 being the highest score.
- In the event of a tie, the first tiebreaker shall be the highest number of points given in the talent category. The second tiebreaker shall be the highest number of points awarded in the stage presence category. The third tiebreaker shall be by a secret vote of judges based on overall performance, style, and impact.
- The Fayette County Fair shall be the sole authority in resolving all disputes and may disqualify any contestant at any level of the competition for the failure to comply with the rules and regulations. Fayette County Fair decisions are final and binding.
- Contestants advancing to the finals will be notified at the conclusion of each competition.
- Up to 10 finalists from the Adult level and the Teen level will be selected from the semi final competition to move on to the final competition.
- Awards will be presented at the conclusion of the final competition.
- Monetary gifts will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in the Teen and Adult categories.